Thursday, June 23, 2011

I Dun Got Robbed.

(Today's blog will be longer than one sentence... my apologies.)
Well, yesterday was a very eventful day... I got robbed. Let me see if I can paint a picture for you (what I actually saw and what I rewatched on the security camera after the fact):
I was sitting in an armchair in the lobby of our hotel; my purse was strapped across my person, phone and ipod in hand, and bookbag leaning against my legs on the floor. Almost all of our summer project team was gathered in the lobby with me (standing and sitting). As I was sitting there waiting to go to campus, a man, who looked like any other hotel guest, came up behind me on my left and pointed to something on the ground beside me. In that moment, I felt a "presence" beside me - I looked to my right, and there was a woman sitting there in the chair beside me (again, I thought she was any other hotel guest). After that, the man, again, gets my attention and points to something on the ground. I spotted a golden key lying there. I picked it up and asked Erica, one of our students stitting beside me talking to a lady, if it was hers. She responded with a no. As soon as she said no, Grayson said, "That lady just stole a stack of magazines off the table." In that moment, it all clicked that everything that just happend was quite shady. I looked down and my bookbag was gone and  replaced with an empty one. I stood up and shouted: they just stole my bookbag (this probably all happened in less than a minute, by the way)! At that point, all the guys on our team book it out the door in every direction to chase down the thieves (I found out later that it was a team of 4 people)! That experience definitely left me feeling flustered, distraught, helpless, and dumb. But praise the Lord that nothing really valuable was in there! After talking to the hotel staff, I decided to go to campus a little later and spent some time with Jesus. It was a really encouraging time in the Word (Psalm 41). God is good all the time!
(If you want more details, just ask me about it! Oh, and I am keeping the golden key that they left me on the ground. Haha.)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I'm glad you are okay and nothing valuable was stolen! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What in the world?! Craziness. Glad it wasn't a scary robbery!(?)

    ReplyDelete